Landlords Buildings Insurance

GrosAve

Everybody has an opinion on this GrosAve.  It really does require you to go and search out with what suits you.

I am currently with "Simple Landlord's Insurance" and have been with them for several years but judging by some of the bad reviews I have been reading this business partnership may not be renewed next year.    :D

I have never felt the need to go to a broker but have always dealt direct with any company that can offer me a good deal on what I want to be covered for.

I used Discount Landlord for some this year.

The policies are with Liverpool Victoria and seem to fit the bill well enough.

In all the transaction was easy enough and the prices competative.

I know your tenant's haven't moved in yet, but surely you already have buildings insurance in place if you own the property? Normally the first call should be to them to see if they can amend the policy to show it as let to tenants from 5th Feb. If it is a standard home insurance then this may not be possible but still worth a try.

Thanks all.

landlord insurance - My current household insurance is with Aviva and I have contacted them already this morning. They do not cover 2 x adult couples, only families and single people. So, I have converted that policy to Tenants Contents Insurance and used it on the rented property I am moving into and got a refund for the difference, all very good there.

So, I just need to get this place insured now from 5th February.

We had a renewal notice arrive this morning from the Halifax Insurance it was for £180.00 ,last year it was £150 which I thought was a bit high at the time but as we were off to Spain the following day for a couple of months went along with it, anyway today having more time I started shopping around went onto Gocompare which turns out to be Simply Business and was getting quotes for £199 plus , then I thought having  3 cars ,caravan ,contents here and our holiday let with them I would try Saga , £60.63 and 10% off that figure as we already use them , and thats not all that would have been £40.63 but they added £20 for new business fee , so in reality £ 40.63 . I have read the policy and 45 pages of the booklet and it gives better cover than we had with 6 years of being with Halifax insurance.

Archived