Wording for Selling property

sue770

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help. I am in the process of selling my property, which I currently let. I have issued the appropriate letters and notices to the tenants and managing agents.

I have had the valuation, but I am finding one of the agents very push in that when I initially decided to sell the property. I sent a general email, to agents within the area of the property. Asking for an valuation plus all the necessary photographs and measurements to be taken then, so that the tenants were not asked to provide further access, once I had decided who to sell the property with. Even in the email I said that the property has tenants therefore the current tenancy agreement does not end until May 2007 and viewings cannot start until April 2007 but this agent seems to be very push, in that viewings can start now, despite what the tenancy agreement says. I have said to this agent, if prospective buyers are interested they will be prepared to wait if the following wording is used ''The property is ideal for somebody wishing to invest. The property can be viewed in April 2007 and will be available in May 2007'. I have seen similar wording for other properties that are being sold or are rentable.

Many thanks

EA's by the very nature of the job they perform have to be "pushy" in their dealings however, if you are experiencing unwelcomed hassle from one of them then tell them to their face that if they don't back-off and carry out your instructions to the letter then they will be dropped from the sale of your flat.

It's as easy as that Sue.

Hi Mel

Thanks for the advance, I have received an apology from the agents for being push, obviously they have realised that they could lose out big time and will add the suggested wording when marketting my property.

Many thanks

Archived