Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'damp'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Forum for landlords
    • Landlords forum
    • Tenants forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 2 results

  1. Hi Everyone, My first time posting on here so apologies if this is covered or in the wrong place. I am the leaseholder of a flat which I rent out - as is usual, we don't own the outer building and pay maintenance and service charges. I had been renting out the flat but had always had a fairly minor damp issue - some flaking paint on a wall that would be periodically re-painted. I decided as we had a break in tenants to get it properly investigated as it seemed to be getting worse. 3 surveys confirmed there was rising damp with a defective Damp Proof Course and the pointing on the outer 2 walls was letting in moisture. The freeholder has agreed with the findings and will take on the work, but has said the following is not their responsibility: Carpets (around 8 months old, will need to be ripped up for the work) Re-plastering the interior walls which need to be chipped away to carry out the work Repainting 2-3 months loss of rent Council Tax I have contacted Direct Line who have said this is not insurable as caused by a 3rd party who have admitted liability. Does anyone have any experience of this and know what the precedent is? Many thanks
  2. Being a landlord i spend a lot of money dealing with damp problems, even more money sending out damp specialist just to tell my tenants its condensation and all they need to do is open the windows !! most of the time the tenant ignores this advice and asks for a second opinion ! feeling distraught i searched the internet for options and found a company called prunique manufacturing a product called wet wall warning. The wet wall warning is designed to identify and alert tenants to the presence of damp. I bought 25 costing me about £50 and fitted them through-out the property proving to my tenant that it was condensation . They now open their windows this seems to have solved the problem. This is the site i used - www.wetwallwarning.com
  • Create New...