Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Richard

  • Rank
  1. Found this on the internet under Council Tax Exempt Dwellings class G. We have been ordered and instructed by the government to stay home and ideally not move house STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS No. 558 COUNCIL TAX, ENGLAND AND WALES The Council Tax (Exempt Dwellings) Order 1992 Made 9th March 1992------ Laid before Parliament 10th March 1992---- Coming into force 31st March 1992 Class G: an unoccupied dwelling the occupation of which is prohibited by law, or which is kept unoccupied by reason of action taken under powers conferred by or under any Act of Parliament, with a view to prohibiting its occupation or to acquiring it; When am I allowed to leave the house? You should only leave the house for very limited purposes: shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home GOVERNMENT ADVICE Can I move house? Homebuyers and renters should, where possible, delay moving to a new house while measures are in place to fight coronavirus. Comments Please
  2. Hi Fellow Landlords Can anyone enlighten me on the situation about Council Tax and empty properties. I know under normal times Derby City Council allows 28 days free when a tenant moves out, but does anyone have any experience of Derby City weather they are waving the C Tax during these difficult times for everyone. I have 1 vacant and 1 becoming vacant and my letting agent has closed their doors at the moment, so I have decided not to let them at present any comments welcomed Richard
  • Create New...