Notice this every UK landloard : If you choose agents Person Ferrier you may lose so much money just like me. Person Ferrier director’s attitude is so terrible, he refused to help with anything after this happened to me. I very regret instructing property agent Pearson Ferrier to undertake letting and full management of my property. it made me lose rent, solicitor’s fee for evicting tenant and repair fees totalling over £11000. So I take this lesson and would like to let every landlord know if you choose an incompetent agent it will make you lose lots of money and feel so much pressure.
Pearson Ferrier failed in their duties:
1. Pearson Ferrier did not undertake a Tenant Credit Check. They found a tenant who was a traveller, who only had a part time clearing job, her husband did not work and they have 3 children. She does not qualify for benefit either. Person Ferrier find a tenant who not able to afford the rent.
2. The deposit was not put with a deposit company and lie to me that they did. As a landlord I was liable to paying 3 times penalty.
3. Pearson Ferrier did not inform the local council that the tenants moved in and be responsible to pay council tax, which they should have done. I was required to pay all the tenant’s council tax (11 months).
4. Person Ferrier refused to provide the contract to show my solicitor for tenant eviction making my solicitor difficulty in dealing with the case. As landlord, I have right to get contract copy from Person Ferrier who never provide me with one.
5. Use their staff to impersonate a solicitor when dealing with me.
6. Person Ferrier’s solicitor agreed a £2000 settlement with me and then failed to pay.
This has been a terrible experience for me as you can see. I hope you will take note of this information.